It’s that time of year again, when thousands of divers and underwater photographers descend on the desert in the middle of Nevada. DEMA 2018 has started and Wetpixel is here covering it once again. Our coverage this year is a bit more relaxed as we seek to feature some of the highlights of what it is like to be immersed in the show itself. Check the Wetpixel website for new gear announcements with in depth features.
Nauticam ships housing for Nikon Z6 and Z7 mirrorless cameras
Nauticam is shipping their housing for the Nikon Z6 and Z7 full frame mirrorless cameras. It is compatible with the company’s existing N120 port systems and Nikon’s F mount lenses via adapter, as well as Z mount lenses. The housing offers 2 lens releases buttons to cope with this. The NA-Z7 is shipped with a manual optoelectrical flash trigger preinstalled and has a lever allowing easy switching between EVF and LCD screen.
Results: Santi Photo Awards 2018
Erin Quigley adds Lightroom and Photoshop tutorials
Aquatica announces hot shoe mount strobe trigger for Canon 5D series housings
Fantasea and AOI ship UCL-900F macro lens
RETRA announces new strobes
Retra UWT has announced two new strobes. The Flash Prime has a 100Ws output, controllable over 13 steps with a 130° beam angle and a color temperature of 4900°K. The Retra Flash Pro shares most of these specifications but has a 150Ws output. Both strobes offer electrical connection via an optional converter, with fiber optic triggering as the standard.
Saga Dive announces interchangeable viewfinder system
- Nikon updates firmware for D850, D750, D500, D7500, D7200,… (via )
- Canon releases service advisory for EOS 70D (via )
- Panasonic updates firmware for GH5, GH5s and G9 cameras (via )
- Nikon releases firmware version 1.30 for D5 camera (via )
- Plastic bag found at the bottom of the Mariana trench (via )
- A closer look at the taxidermy anteater photo (via )
- Photo of an osprey with a shark with a fish (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom Classic to 7.3.1 (via )
- Sony updates a7 Mark III firmware to 1.01 (via )
- There is a brewery that ages beer underwater in the Adriatic Sea (via )