Alien Skin releases Exposure X4
Lone narwhal adopted by beluga pod in St. Lawrence River
A wayward narwhal, that has been spotted for the last three years in the St. Lawrence River, has been hanging out with some friendly beluga whales. A video shot in July shows the narwhal swimming among a pod of juvenile male beluga whales. The video was shot by the Group for Research and Education on Marine Mammals (GREMM), a not for organization that focuses on whale research, conservation, and education.
Ikelite ships 8 inch DLM port
Sea&Sea releases housing for Sony a7 Mark III
Sea&Sea are shipping their housing for the Sony a7 Mark III mirrorless camera. It is compatible with all Sea&Sea’s DX port series, optical viewfinders and S1 Optical Converter and features a Buoyancy Pocket that can accommodate an additional power pack to power the camera and helps to make the relatively small housing only 700 grams negative in the water.
Seacam ships housing for Sony a7 Mark III
Atomos to ship Ninja V soon
Atomos will be shipping their Ninja V 4K HDR monitor/recorder by the end of September. Designed to work with the new crop of mirrorless cameras, it offers a 5 inch, 1000 nit monitor and 10 plus stops of dynamic range. Recording is to Atomos AtomX SSDmini drives, as well as existing MasterCaddy 2 compatible media.
Japanese bid to lift whaling ban fails
Blackmagic Design releases RAW codec
Blackmagic Design has released a public beta of their new RAW codec. Incorporated into the URSA Mini Pro camera beta update, part of the de-mosaic process will be handled in camera. This, Blackmagic states offers: “The quality, bit depth, dynamic range and controls as RAW, but with much better performance and smaller file sizes than most popular video codecs.”
- Insect photographer sues pest control company for $2.7m (via )
- Nikon updates D800 firmware to version 1.11 (via )
- A $3 million camera (via )
- The ocean’s most efficient jet engine is the chambered… (via )
- Nikon updates Capture NX-D to version 1.4.7 (via )
- Nikon updates D500 Distortion Control Data to Version 2.017 (via )
- Nikon updates D500 “C” firmware to version 1.14 (via )
- New population of world’s rarest fish found of Tasmania (via )
- Cuttlefish, master of camouflage, reveals a new trick (via )
- Insecto photographers seeks millions of dollars from pest… (via )