Aquatica announces hot shoe mount strobe trigger for Canon 5D series housings
Fantasea and AOI ship UCL-900F macro lens
RETRA announces new strobes
Retra UWT has announced two new strobes. The Flash Prime has a 100Ws output, controllable over 13 steps with a 130° beam angle and a color temperature of 4900°K. The Retra Flash Pro shares most of these specifications but has a 150Ws output. Both strobes offer electrical connection via an optional converter, with fiber optic triggering as the standard.
Saga Dive announces interchangeable viewfinder system
Laura James: Underwater 360° cameras and Insta360 review
Laura James presents a round-up of the desirable features of current underwater 360° cameras and housings, along with a review of the Insta360 camera in its dive housing. In general, Laura finds that the Insta360 is a good choice, although this should be seen within the parameters of it being relatively inexpensive.
Fantasea announces housing for Sony RX100 VI
Fantasea has announced their housing for the Sony RX100 Mark VI. It has a flat port that is suitable for using the cameras zoom lens in its 24-66mm focal range. Constructed of polycarbonate, it offers a 67mm thread for accessory lenses and removable double fiber optic cable connections.
Nimar ships housing for Canon EOS R
As a part of their new mirrorless range, Nimar are shipping their M-PRO housing for the Canon EOS R full frame mirrorless camera. Constructed of acetal resin and aluminum, it offers manual or electronic vacuum and Nimar’s new synchro flash trigger. The housing uses the NIM-108M port system for compatibility with a wide range of lenses.
Issue 105 of UwP magazine is available
Issue 105 of Underwater Photography (UwP) magazine is now available to download. Products reviewed in this issue include: Sony’s FE 12-24mm F/4 G lens, Sony’s RX100 VI, the Gopro Hero7, RGBlue’s LM5K Twin Light and the new Thistlegorm iBook. Phil Rudin presents a sneak preview of the Nikon Z7 and Nauticam NA-Z7. Marine life articles include shark research and Chinchorro crocodiles, while Kate Jonker offers a guide to Cape Town.
- Sony updates a7 Mark III firmware to 1.01 (via )
- There is a brewery that ages beer underwater in the Adriatic Sea (via )
- Canon has released firmware 220.127.116.11.00 for the Cinema EOS C200… (via )
- Canon updates EOS 1-D X Mark II firmware to 1.1.6 (via )
- A wildlife photographer’s gear stash (via )
- Nikon updates D5 firmware to version 1.21 (via )
- Insect photographer sues pest control company for $2.7m (via )
- Nikon updates D800 firmware to version 1.11 (via )
- A $3 million camera (via )
- The ocean’s most efficient jet engine is the chambered… (via )